THERAPEUTIC AREA COORDINATOR
For our Client, a multinational leading pharmaceutical company, we are searching for a:
THERAPEUTIC AREA COORDINATOR
Reporting to the Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Director, the Therapeutic Area Coordinator acts as Medical Advisor and leads a team of MSLs; engages in scientific exchange with healthcare professionals and scientists (HCPs), with emphasis on regional and national scientific leaders and key decision makers for a specific Therapeutic Area within Infectious Diseases.
Together with the Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Director, he/she is the owner of the strategic plan, and may also provide input and insight based on his/her team interaction with their SLs and other stakeholders’ engagements into the Medical Affairs strategy and ensure that it translates into concrete engagement (action) plans in the field.
The Therapeutic Area Coordinator may also represent the company in a range of local, national and international non-promotional Medical Affairs activities.
- Budget Planning and Resource Management.
- Hires, manages, coaches and develops a group of MSLs assigned to his/her therapeutic area to ensure the highest quality scientific exchange in alignment with the Medical Affairs plan.
- Provides input into the therapeutic area Medical strategy.
- Organizes regular team meetings for relevant trainings, sharing of best practices, reinforcing on compliance matters and discuss therapeutic area strategies.
- Ensure functional and scientific skills development for his/her team
- Establishes the annual performance objectives for his/her team.
- Conducts mid-year and year-end reviews of team performance.
- Develops and maintains up-to date scientific knowledge around relevant disease areas, products within those areas and research methodologies.
- Develop the medical strategy (including the Medical Affairs plan, MAPs) for the specific therapeutic Area
- Align medical strategy with business unit/franchise-needs with marketing
- Responsible for the creation and timely execution of all Medical activities in his/her areas of responsibility including medical education, data generation activities etc…
- Responsible for close follow ups on all systems updates of the activities under his/her responsibility.
- Review and approve MSL plans.
- Collaborate with GCTO and Market access around new products.
- Ensures that all members of his/her team perform their duties in alignment with company SOPs/Guidelines and local laws and regulations.
- Degree in MD or Scientific Degree and PhD
- Industry experience in Medical Affairs, in therapeutic area of Infectious Disease is preferred
- Strong knowledge of clinical research and scientific data generation is highly preferred.
- People management experience
- People or project management and team leadership skills, as well as listening and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate scientific strategy into tactical and implementation plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create a working environment which fosters employee engagement
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Customer Centric
- Business Acumen
- Analytical & Critical Thinking
- Planning, Organizing & Executing
- Strategic Thinking
- Global Perspective/Diversity
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Excellent team player; must excel at teamwork in cross-functional groups
The work location is Rome.