Purchasing Manager / Director
Our Client is a Multinational Company looking for a qualified
The ideal candidate has gained at least 5 years of experience in the role and will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
• Manage the purchase of a category of selected raw materials and off take across BA, negotiates the terms of business relationship.
• Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
• Ensure co-ordination between plants and TWS companies for the raw material and off take categories with the goal to achieve the maximum aggregation effect for TWS and at the same time to meet the needs of individual production sites.
• Ensure co-ordination and awareness of management related to given category.
• Continuously seek new supply alternatives in the raw materials and off take categories.
• Propose measures to improve the situation to achieve the objectives set for the year.
• Cooperate in preparing and developing TWS purchasing strategies.
• Responsible for the BA RM reporting and related Strategic KPI.
• Implementation of the purchasing plan in accordance with the TWS strategy and with an emphasis on cost savings and the fulfilment of the tasks set for the raw material category.
• Constantly map and monitors the suppliers’ market in a given category, innovation, property relationships and financial facts.
• Negotiate within a given category of raw materials and off take and selected items in these categories.
• Assist individual TWS companies in receiving competitive bids.
• Maintain an agenda related to the purchase of raw materials allocated in TWS plants, provides specifications and safety data sheets, provides the data for ordering raw materials.
• Work closely with R&D, manufacturing, and logistics staff.
• Support in case of complaints, rejected deliveries, on time deliveries
• Considering the requirements of the EMS and environmental prevention and care when dealing with business partners.
• experiences in the indirect/services purchasing will be considered a plus.
• Technical or Economical University Degree.
• Proven working experience as Purchasing Manager at least for a period of 5 years in the role.
• Fluent in English language C1 level, other languages are a plus.
• Experienced in Excel, PowerPoint, database management and ERP systems, preferably M3 and SAP.
• Ability to gather, prepare reports and analyze data and to work with figures.
• Knowledge of cost structures and management of business contracts, familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
• Understanding and appreciation of internal controls required for operational and regulatory purposes.
• Strong leadership capabilities and solid judgment along with decision making skills.
• Self-directing, able to meet deadlines in an environment of constantly changing priorities and data through the coordination and Team leading.
• Excellent in negotiation and networking.
Job Location: Rome – Italy